INTERMEDIATE ARCHITECT – Whitehorse, YT
Taylor Architecture Group is a Northern based architecture and engineering firm, with a focus on design solutions that are contextually appropriate to each specific project. Attention to detail and the importance of meaningful design related to climate and cultural considerations are critical to the success of projects in the North. Our head office is located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, with satellite offices in Whitehorse, Yukon and Ottawa, Ontario.
Taylor Architecture Group (TAG) has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Architect in our Whitehorse Office. Projects include small scale commercial work as well as mid to large scale educational, hospitality, and civic facilities. The successful candidate must have strong leadership and project management capabilities and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Act as architectural team lead for TAG’s Whitehorse office
- Manage all phases of a project from pre-design through to construction administration
- Lead and assist with production of architectural construction drawings including site plans, plans, elevations, sections and details
- Coordinate other disciplines including interior designers, engineers, contractors and other consultants
- Undertake project research including cultural, site, and material investigations
- Provide design and drafting support remotely for project teams in Yellowknife, when needed
- Actively seek out new job opportunities in the Yukon
- Work will include occasional travel to remote communities in the arctic and sub-arctic, candidate should be comfortable with travel in small airplanes
Credentials and Skills:
- Licenced Architect with a provincial or territorial association with minimum 5 years of Canadian experience
- Demonstrate a value of quality design work and ability to think outside of the box
- Experience in managing and coordinating projects
- Skilled production of presentation and working drawings
- Working knowledge of national building codes and standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge and comfort with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office programs are required
- Familiarity and experience with Revit, Sketchup, and other 3D rendering software is an asset
Salary and Benefits
Salary to be commensurate with experience; full benefits package available.