TED HANDY AND ASSOCIATES INC., ARCHITECT
INTERMEDIATE ARCHITECT POSITION
Established in 1958 and incorporated in 1990 as Ted Handy and Associates, the firm has evolved to the present practice of eleven full-time, committed individuals. Since this time, the firm has created many unique buildings that are responsive to both context and program. Our involvement in all aspects of design, construction and development is enhanced by a continual exposure to a wide variety of clients and projects.
We believe the three roots of technical and design abilities are comprised of experience, attitude and methodology. Our experience has enabled us to develop both our technical and design abilities while establishing effective methodology. Technical and design innovation is brought to every project and is tempered with the experience of how products and systems will perform in the field over time. Our team is a collection of skilled, imaginative and competent individuals using state-of-the art computer equipment and programming.
Ted Handy and Associates is seeking an Intermediate Architect to fulfill a full-time permanent position in Barrie, Ontario, commencing May 2021. We are seeking a motivated and positive individual who works well in a team environment.
• Responsible for managing, coordinating, and executing a wide range of projects
• Work as part of a team to eventually attend and lead project and client meetings and handle client liaison.
• Produce drawings and renderings using Revit and BIM software
• Coordinate other disciplines including engineers, contractors and other consultants
• Coordinate approval submissions and working with authorities to approvals.
• Conduct site reviews and perform contract administration
• 5+ years professional experience in a design, technical, or management role
• Master’s degree in Architecture
• Licensed member of the OAA (or working towards)
• Advanced knowledge of Revit and BIM practices
• Demonstration of innovation and creativity in design solutions
• Interest in training and mentoring junior staff; enthusiasm for a team-based process
• Advanced knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, National Building Code of Canada, Canadian building and energy standards, current barrier‐free standards, zoning by-laws, and construction permitting
• Strong knowledge of building science and construction detailing
• Excellent communication, time management and multi-tasking skills, with a strong emphasis on attention to detail and sustainable design
• Commitment to your own professional growth
• Ability to work remotely if necessary
• Interest in Passive House certification would be an asset
Salary to be commensurate with experience.
Please forward your CV in PDF format to email@example.com by May 7, 2021. Email subject line must include your name and job position you are applying for. No phone calls please.