Taylor Architecture Group (TAG) is a Northern based architecture and engineering firm with a focus on community design work, especially First Nation and Inuit communities, throughout the North. Our head office is located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, with satellite offices in Whitehorse and Ottawa.
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate or Senior Architect in our Yellowknife Office.
Projects include small scale commercial work as well as mid to large scale educational, hospitality, and civic facilities. The successful candidate must have strong leadership and project management capabilities and be able to work well in a team environment.
For examples of our work, visit https://tagyk.com.
- Act as Project Lead for a variety of architectural involvements in the office
- Independently manage all phases of a project from pre-design through to construction administration
- Lead and assist with production of architectural construction drawings including site plans, plans, elevations, sections and details
- Coordinate other disciplines including interior designers, engineers, contractors and other consultants
- Undertake project research including cultural, site, and material investigations
- Work will include occasional travel to remote communities in the arctic and sub-arctic, candidate should be comfortable with travel in small airplanes
Credentials and Skills:
- Licenced Architect with a provincial or territorial association with minimum 6 years of Canadian experience
- Demonstrate a value of quality design work and ability to think outside of the box
- Experience in managing and coordinating projects
- Skilled production of presentation & working drawings
- Excellent knowledge of national building codes and standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge and comfort with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office programs are required
- Familiarity and experience with Revit and Sketchup are an asset
Length of Contract:
Candidate will begin in January 2021. This is a full time (37.5 hr/week), one-year contract position located in Yellowknife, NWT.
A moving expense stipend will be provided by TAG. Temporary housing is available upon arrival in Yellowknife until the candidate secures permanent housing.
Salary and benefits:
Salary and benefits to be commensurate with experience; full benefits package available.
NWT requires a 2 week self-isolation period upon arrival for anyone who is relocating here from outside the territory. If necessary, this will be completed with a remote work setup during the candidate’s isolation period. Please identify with your application if you would be relocating from outside of the NWT.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and portfolio to email@example.com.