We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate or Senior Interior Designer with institutional experience to join our Toronto-based, award-winning architecture and interior design studio. We’re on the lookout for a design-oriented, lead interior designer well versed in delivering projects from start to finish.
Specializing in public facility design, Gow Hastings offers fully integrated, multidisciplinary consulting services in architecture, interior design, and graphic design. We are recognized in particular for design excellence in higher education, and known for our distinct work in the field of food and culinary arts studies. We have several exciting projects currently in development for Laurentian University, York University, Ryerson University, University of Toronto, Centennial College, Seneca College, and Niagara College. Visit www.gowhastings.com to learn more.
Excellent opportunity for the right candidate! Salary and benefits are competitive, and commensurate with ability and experience. Fun, friendly people; summer hours; beer Fridays; and lots of birthday cakes are some of the highlights of our open work culture. However, we think the best draw is the pretty amazing view of the city from our perch near Casa Loma!
Minimum Qualifications include
• Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or Architecture;
• 3 - 5+ years minimum experience as an interior designer with knowledge of FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, colour and materials (in Education Design or Institutional work an asset);
• Demonstrated proficiency in designing and detailing through all project phases; leading and coordinating with project team; and interfacing with clients and consultants;
• Highly developed project management skills;
• Fluency with Revit and BIM software, 3D Rendering, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office;
• Strong working knowledge of Ontario Building Code, and relevant planning and code regulations;
• ARIDO licence, NCIDQ certification and LEED AP an asset;
• Clear and effective oral and written communication skills;
• Flexibility and aptitude to handle multiple deadlines in a high energy work environment;
• Creative and collaborative, with enthusiasm, commitment and ability to deliver a high level of design
• Nice person
Please submit your PDF (or online portfolio) applications to email@example.com.