Designing the Story of Your Space
Narratif is a boutique architectural design brand that focuses exclusively on custom residential design. We help our clients translate their dreams and aspirations into homes that inspire them to live their best lives.
Every building holds a narrative, the story of the house and those who live in it. Finding that story and bringing it to life lies at the heart of our work.
We are looking for an ambitious and detail-oriented Intermediate/Senior Interior Designer to join our dynamic and growing team of professionals designing transformative space. We are looking for someone who is highly creative, imaginative and artistic. Someone who is warm, easy to connect with and with a strong team oriented and growth mindset - egos need not apply. The successful candidate will help personify our brand and be committed to delivering unparalleled client experiences. They will have a passion for architecture and design with a natural sense of proportion and understanding of detail. They will operate with the highest standards, have a sense of humour and being able to maintain a calm and unflappable manner even under stress and be open to exploring and participating in appropriate holistic practices in the workplace. They will also have the ability to work from home as necessary. Finally, they will be impeccably organized and efficient with the ability to work on multiple active projects at the same time and are confident working independently.
Who You Are
• Passionate about architecture and design
• Interior Designer or Interior Architect with approximately 10 years experience
• ARIDO qualification preferred
• Fully proficient in the use of AutoCAD
• Knowledge of Revit or ArchiCAD a useful advantage
• Experienced with Mac platform
• Advanced knowledge of graphic design and social media tools an advantage (Pinterest, Tailwind, Canva, IG, etc.)
• Excellent technical, design and visual presentation skills
• Detail oriented with an eye for precision
• Demonstrated understanding of space planning principles
• Able to develop and present design concepts
• Excellent ability to manage project budgets, personal time commitments as well as team resources
• Have an excellent knowledge of local and international brands, dealers, suppliers and workshops
• In-depth knowledge of furniture systems and finishes
• Have a valid drivers license and your own vehicle
What You Will Be Doing
• Working collaboratively to determine the client’s goals, requirements and budget for the project
• Assisting with client on-boarding process
• Creating a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs
• Managing all aspects of Architectural Interiors, including:
⁃ Developing schematic design drawings working either from design concepts sketches provided by the principal, or from designs concepts conceived independently
⁃ Measuring-up of existing spaces if necessary
⁃ Preparing design sketches and presentation materials
⁃ Determining overall spatial flow and furniture layout
⁃ Developing Architectural Interior Design Elevations and Construction Detail sets (millwork, built-ins, trim profiles, panelling, tile layouts, etc.)
⁃ Developing reflected ceiling plans/electrical drawings
⁃ Sourcing fixtures (plumbing, electrical), appliances, wall finishes, flooring materials, hardware, millwork profiles, colour palette, etc
⁃ Co-coordinating ordering of materials with Contractor(s) where necessary
• Managing all aspects of Interior Decor, including:
⁃ Sourcing furnishings, window coverings, accessories, art, area rugs, etc
⁃ Ordering + co-coordinating delivery of fixtures, furnishing, and oversee the installation of the design elements
• Overseeing interior design team members and review drawings/documentation
• Reviewing shop drawings (e.g. millwork, cabinetry, custom products)
• Managing all aspects of client relationship including all communications and meetings (e.g. phone calls, emails) clients, and all aspects of site relationship including site review and ongoing communications with contractors
• Assisting/mentoring junior colleagues
• Staging and planning for photography shoots
• Assisting with Social media, Marketing and Branding materials
• Raising the bar for customer experience, efficiency, profitability
• Eloquently composes and delivers clear, concise, and crisp messages to a variety of audiences
• Is naturally curious and thinks imaginatively and unconventionally to innovate or to develop alternative approaches to a particular task or problem betterment
• Operates with a continual interest in what’s going on around them and demonstrates a willingness and openness to pitch in and help where and when needed, even if it means adjusting their own priorities.
• Holds themselves to the highest levels of integrity, honesty and transparency at all times
• Without being prompted, understands what is needed to deliver excellence in a dynamic environment and moves toward that goal with deliberate and concise actions.
• Builds a solid foundation of common understanding and deep rapport with clients to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience
Narratif believes that everyone should experience the joy of coming home each day to a beautiful home. We create spaces that are a shelter for body and soul, a congruent place for sanctity and vitality, providing refuge, grounding, healing and re-energization for each member of the family. You will help translate this vision into a reality for our clients.
Narratif is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage application for all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the human rights code throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us of your accommodation needs and we will ensure they are respected throughout the process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Join us and share our commitment to turning dreams into reality.
Please submit a resume tailored to this job advertisement, describing what your past job position and duties, as well as a PDF portfolio of your recent work from the last 4-6 years to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include reference to the specific position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We're looking forward to hearing from you.