ERA is seeking a Construction Administrator to join our team. The majority of our work involves the conservation and adaptive reuse of existing heritage buildings within Toronto and the GTA. The ideal candidates will have well- rounded heritage and technical experience and a demonstrated passion for excellence in construction documents, site review, and contract administration. They should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, very good organizational skills, and an ability to multi-task in a busy office. This position will involve working in a collaborative team environment, supporting projects of various scales and complexity.
- Work in a collaborative team environment, primarily in construction administration with involvement as required in other aspects of design.
- Architectural detailing and documentation support on projects in collaboration with the Associate and team members.
- Preparation of specifications in collaboration with the associate and team members.
- Implement the project as directed by, or in consultation with the project team.
- Be the prime liaison between CMs/general contractors, client/owner and internal team.
- Review and interpret construction documents.
- Provide construction administration functions to projects, including both office functions and field functions. Including, but not limited to: process, review and answer RFIs and submittals; write regular field reports and distribute to the team; maintain RFI and submittal logs; and review and comment on change orders.
- Resolve problems which arise on the jobsite, in collaboration with the Project Associate/Team Lead.
- Report to the Associate on a regular basis outlining status of job cost control and scheduling issues
- Minimum 8 years experience required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Revit an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong client communication, collaboration and conflict resolution skills required
ERA does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry. ERA is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace where all employees and partners feel valued, respected and supported. ERA is committed to working with and providing accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Please send your resume and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Contract Administrator” in the subject of your email. We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.