The RAIC is looking for two archive technicians to support the RAIC in building their digital library in order to assist library users to access books, photographs, documents, electronic materials and other RAIC materials electronically.
This project will include working with RAIC staff and report directly to the Vice President of Operations.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Assist in developing inventories;
- Assist in developing, implementing classification plans of records
- Apply policies and procedures for storage of records
- Assist in transfer of materials from print to digital record
- Put archival materials on digital database/computerized management system
- Purge, sort and reduce archives
- Research and retrieve archive materials
- Support instruction of users
- Attend meetings related to the project
- Collaborate with RAIC Staff
The Government of Canada is supporting funding for these positions through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
This position is appropriate for a youth or student aged 15-30.