DYNAMIC | DIVERSE | COMMUNITY
Join a culture of innovative and creative problem solvers teaming together to create cutting-edge design solutions in our award winning architectural and landscape architectural studio. Always learning, not content with status-quo, we encourage individual and team development and continually exceed client expectations in various dimensions.
Each team member is truly valued with collaboration and open communication essential, plus opportunities for growth encouraged with dynamic projects in education & community facilities, affordable & care housing, and mixed use, residential, & commercial. Continually expanding, SOA’s projects extend from the rugged west coast of Vancouver Island, to urban Vancouver and suburbs, through the Okanagan to BC’s interior and beyond.
What's behind the growing movement to BC's lower mainland? (https://youtu.be/GKYn3Z10UnI)
- Canada’s warmest winter climate
- an outdoor mecca - surrounded by lakes, rivers, mountains, world-class fishing, golfing, hiking and skiing all year round
- the ocean beaches are within an hour’s drive, and Vancouver is next door
- affordable living in an outdoor paradise
- stress relief without commuting into the hectic city
Enjoy Friday afternoons off in Summer, and don’t get stuck in a rut – love where you work! Click on www.soarchitects.comto see your potential, and connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up on the latest SOA culture.
Seeking experienced Technologists for our Abbotsford and Chilliwack offices who are proactive with passion for details, design experience, visual communication and Revit skills to assist and lead in the production of design and construction documents for a range of educational, institutional, health care and multifamily projects.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who has:
- Proficiency in REVIT, Adobe, applicable graphic presentation and visualization programs.
- Diploma or Post-Secondary degree in Architecture or Building Sciences with minimum 5+ years’ experience in the production of construction drawings for multiple medium to large scale projects.
- Excellent English written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Organized, able to work well independently, multi-task and prioritize with multiple deadlines in a creative, high performance culture.
- Experience with wood-frame construction and BC Building Code.
- Experience in multi-family or educational facility design and document preparation is beneficial.
- Ability to prepare and assemble complete construction documents for permit application and tender.
- A love for learning, to grow in their position and likes a challenge.
This full-time position based on a 37.5 hour week is available end of May with a competitive salary including full health & dental benefits, premiums paid for by SOA. Apply by emailing your cover letter, resume and maximum 10 page PDF portfolio to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.