Reporting to a Senior Architect, the Architectural Technologist assists the Senior Architect to plan, organize and prepare the development of plans, studies, designs and specifications documents in the architecture discipline and coordinate with related building and site infrastructure disciplines for NCC projects. In support of the Senior Architect, the Architectural Technologist provides advice, conducts technical research and provides information in the architecture discipline.
College level certification in Architectural Technology or Diploma (DEC) in architectural technology
A minimum of eight (8) years holding progressively significant responsibilities in providing professional services in Architecture:
• Producing drawings, construction documents, technical documents, layouts, etc.,
using AutoCAD and/or Revit software
• Rehabilitation and conservation projects (Heritage windows, masonry and roof rehabilitation) is an asset
• Technical design and technical problem solving
• Architectural projects development at all stages
• Coordinating plans and specifications with other construction stakeholders;
• Carrying out research on products and participate in the choice of materials and construction systems
• Management of construction documents and site administration
• Construction budget cost estimating and scheduling is an asset
• Proficient in the Adobe suite is an asset
• NCC mandate, mission and role in the National Capital Region
• National or Provincial Building Code
• Universal accessibility, heritage conservation, sustainability principles
• Building technology, building envelope detailing and performance
• Construction contract administration principles and procedures
KEY LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
• Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail in compliance with quality work standards
• Communicate effectively with all personality styles in a professional and socially acceptable manner
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and good energy towards daily goals and objectives
• Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team
• Capacity to manage and prioritize various tasks and adjust to shifting priorities
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Eligibility to obtaining secret security clearance.
• Language Profile: BBB/BBB
• Employee training program focused on the development of the identified skills and competencies
• Employee benefits package
• Office in the heart of downtown Ottawa (40 Elgin st)
• Stimulating projects and dynamic work environment
• Year-round social, cultural and sporting activities
This process may be used to create a list of qualified candidates to staff similar positions with various tenures, security levels or linguistic profiles within the National Capital Commission.
The NCC is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily in their application if they are a woman, an Indigenous person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
The NCC is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the Human Resources representative of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. If you require additional information on the position or if you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hearing impaired and speech impaired persons can contact us through a Teletype Device (TTY) at (613) 239-5090 or 1-866-661-3530 (toll free).
Candidates must meet the essential qualifications; your résumé must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements. Candidates may be required to meet the asset qualifications depending on the requirements of the specific position being staffed. Meeting one or many of the asset qualifications may be a deciding factor in selecting a particular candidate amongst the qualified candidates. Please note that one, some, or all of the asset qualifications could be used at any phase of the selection process.
A short list of candidates will be selected for interview and/or exam based on a combination of experience, career progression and achievements, and overall presentation in the application.
Please note that in addition to all assessment methods, correspondence and communication in relation to this selection process may also be used to assess certain qualifications.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
*The male form used in this offer refers to both women and men.