Company Name & Place of Work:
PLANT Architect Inc.
101 Spadina Avenue, Suite 208
Toronto, ON M5V 2K2
Title: Architectural Design Technician
Term: 2-year contract with potential to permanent, full time. 40 hours / week.
Salary: $65,000 to $75,000 based on experience. Time-off in lieu for additional hours.
Benefits: Dental care, extended health care, life insurance, paid time off.
Objective: We are looking for a senior Architectural Designer / Technician to join our team with 5+ years of experience in an architect firm environment. The successful candidate will work with various project teams, under the direction of the Project Architects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• College/CEGEP in Architecture and Related Services
• Knowledge of traditional hand-drawing skills, technical construction document preparation, design and layout architectural software programs, including but not limited to, Vectorworks, MS Outlook, AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, SketchUp, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop.
• Familiarity with local building codes and authority approval processes.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Work under pressure under tight deadlines, Excellent manual dexterity, attention to detail, ability to distinguish between colours.
• Excellent oral communication, Effective interpersonal skills, Initiative, Excellent written communication, Organized, Team player.
• Demonstrated overall excellence in design. Knowledge of landscape design is an asset.
• Enthusiastic and articulate about architecture, landscape architecture, and design.
• This position requires a combination of sitting, standing, walking.
• Provide technical assistance in architectural design development to the firm with projects related to urban planning, residential construction, commercial and/or industrial construction, renovation, interior and space planning, institutional construction, restoration and/or preservation.
• Analyze technical documents and reports, prepare working drawings, write specifications, prepare presentation graphics and manual or Computer-aided design (CAD) drawings.
• Prepare proposals, assist in supervising construction projects, supervise/coordinate with architectural technical staff, monitor and inspect work, estimate costs and materials, review and prepare contracts and tenders.
• Coordinate clients and presentations. Coordinate engineering and other subconsultants.
• Review, coordinate, and monitor work under construction, respond to clarification requests, review shop drawings, payment certificates, schedules, prepare deficiency lists.
• Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements.
• Prepare schematic design, design development, and detailed bid documents.
How to apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. c/o Mary Tremain - Partner
You must include the following when submitting your application:
• Cover letter
• References attesting experience
• Letter of recommendation
• Link to web portfolio, copy of portfolio or relevant work examples.
• Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.
No phone calls please.