DEXTOR A. EDWARDS ARCHITECT
430 Hunt Club Road West, Suite 203, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 0B8
CV and recruitment questions to email to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPANY AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Dextor A. Edwards has, over the past 35 years, provided many clients with Professional Architectural and Project Management services in commercial, industrial, residential and especially alternative resource buildings. The firm, Dextor A. Edwards Architect, possesses the creativity, knowledge and expertise to design and manage the construction of buildings which satisfy the demands of occupant health, energy efficiency, resource efficiency and cost, through excellent planning, tracking and control methods. Dextor A. Edwards Architect is preparing to strengthen the firm with an eye on global clients, especially Caribbean and Asian customers, and a specialized interest in green and sustainable architecture.
The Architectural Assistant will be tasked with various responsibilities in assistance of the Principal of the firm. The tasks may range from office management, business development, client interactions to design concepts, architectural technology, and construction documentation. A candidate with international architectural experience and construction design consulting management will therefore be highly appreciated. A solid education in both architecture and environmental sustainability will be effective in helping deliver green architectural solutions to both North American, Caribbean and South East Asian projects.
Thank you to all candidates interested in the posted position. However, we will contact only candidates that pass our initial hiring stage for further selection.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Graduate from an architectural program with a bachelor’s or master's degree.
- Graduate in environment/ sustainability from a university accredited program is an asset.
- Graduate in business administration from an accredited university program is an asset.
- At least 10 years experience in architectural design and construction documentation.
- Architectural conceptual design and hand sketching skills.
- At least 5 years international (out of Canada) experience in architectural work.
- At least 5 years project management in the design/construction industry.
- Experience in corporate business development in new markets is an asset.
- Well versed in computer-aided drafting/design applications such as AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Lumion, Bluebeam Revu.
- Familiar with MS Office Suite and project management tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Eligible to be considered for registration with a Canadian architectural regulating body.
- Licence of architectural practice in a Caribbean or Asian jurisdiction is an asset.
- Properly trained in sustainable design and construction, including renewable energy design, life cycle building costing and management, healthy building ventilation and interior air quality design and applications.
- A certified LEED professional (at least Green Associate).
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Besides English and French as the required working language, ability to communicate in an Asian language such as Mandarin, Cantonese, or Vietnamese is an asset.
Full time, permanent, 40h/week plus reasonable options for flexibility and work form home
Salary: annual, to be discussed according to experience, $60,000.00 – $80,000.00.