Lydon Lynch Architects is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia – one of the most beautiful, welcoming and safest places in the world to live. We have a reputation for creating exceptionally designed buildings within a studio-based practice with a focus on collaborative design and implementation to ensure consistency from conception to realization. Our practice includes a diverse range of building types including cultural, commercial, multi-residential and institutional.
We are seeking a Licensed Architect, as well as an Architectural Technologist, each with 5+ years of experience.
As a progressive architectural firm, we believe that great buildings require both high-quality design and high-quality technical documents. You will work directly with our Principals while working on projects independently or part of a project team. You will collaborate on a variety of project types and sizes. All projects are produced using Revit.
We offer a caring and supportive work environment with commensurate salary, vacation and health benefits program. We also offer opportunities for growth to suit individual aspirations.
• Prepare design and technical drawings during Schematic Design, Design Development & Contract Docs
• Ability to work independently or as part of a project team
• High-level working knowledge of Revit is mandatory
• Knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada
• Ability to work and communicate with clients
• Ability to manage and coordinate with engineering consultants
• Ability to achieve deadlines
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in Construction Administration
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in an architectural firm
• Licensed Architect in your jurisdiction with ability to become licensed in Nova Scotia
• College diploma in architectural drafting or technology
• Strong work ethic
If you are interested, please email your resume and portfolio.