Length of Assignment: 12 months – Temporary
Location: Vancouver, BC – remote options available for surrounding area
Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia. Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The Architect will be a member of the professional services team and provide value by increasing knowledgeable buyer capacity during the development of the building management plan as well as by supporting project delivery services during project initiation. The architect ill work on various projects within a versatile team where all abilities are put to good use.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of building architectural systems in existing facilities including building envelope, space use, material selections, code compliance and life safety systems.
• Work with multi-disciplinary team of facility management professionals and technicians to develop short and long-term capital planning for existing facilities.
• Support Project Delivery Services during project initiation and planning by reviewing material, cost and timing, estimates and reports related to building architectural systems in existing facilities including building envelope, space use, material selections, code compliance and life safety systems for proposed renovation projects.
• Review statements of work for architectural consulting services.
• As required, review and provide feedback regarding investment analysis reports.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in architecture;
• Minimum of seven (7) years in architecture;
• Must have a well-rounded background in existing building repair and renovation architectural design and construction;
• Strong understanding of the engineering environment in architecture sector;
• Strong building envelope and building science knowledge considered an asset;
• Working knowledge of the National Building Code;
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision;
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to manage competing priorities in fast paced environment.
• Ability to work on several projects concurrently;
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
• Able to monitor costs, including control of project schedules;
• Excellent communication skills in both official languages considered an asset;
• Proficient with MS Office suite;
• Maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, and other employees;
• Strong organization skills.
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills;
• Prior customer interface experience;
• Highly meticulous nature, strong attention to detail;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Proficiency with computer Tools.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
• Member of a professional Architectural association considered an asset;
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!
apply through: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=BGIS&cws=60&rid=14660
or directly email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org