MQN explores the boundless possibilities of design to achieve innovative environments that foster growth, sustainability, accessibility, health, wellness, and contribute to their surrounding communities. MQN puts people at the heart of its practice and buildings. The environments created by MQN are a distinguished reflection of the collaboration between the clients and the wealth of knowledge and skills of the company’s dynamic team of professionals. They echo MQN’s reputation for an unparalleled high-level of quality and service.
At MQN, our highly motivated team members put relationships first. We are a firm that recognizes and supports the achievements of our employees. At MQN, individuals don’t just matter…they are valued and celebrated!
MQN is seeking an innovative and talented Intermediate Architect with five to seven years of experience, along with a Master or Bachelor degree in Architecture to join our team of experienced design professionals and industry-leading technical staff. Successful candidates will be disciplined, creative, and enthusiastic individuals who are able to translate our client's requirements into exciting architectural propositions, reflecting our pursuit of sustainable design excellence.
MQN’s integrated design/production studio is an exciting professional development environment, supported by active mentoring with opportunities for intern architects to lead small to medium-sized projects. You will work directly with project leads, clients, and Partners to conceptualize and develop design concepts for a variety of project types and sizes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The chosen candidate must:
- possess a professional and energetic attitude
- excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- a passion for collaboration and teamwork
- You must have proven problem solving skills and an ability to work on multiple projects; managing your time and prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines
- You will liaise with consultants, clients, project managers and approving authorities
- Your portfolio should demonstrate proven design and visualization ability, as well as the designing - methodology you employ in your design process.
- AIBC Intern Membership and LEED AP will be considered as asset.
- Master of Architecture (or Bachelor of Architecture with experience equivalent)
- Previous related work experience
- In depth experience with and knowledge of Revit (BIM)
- In depth experience and working knowledge with AutoCAD
- Familiarity with BCBC 2012 and ASHRAE 90.1 2010 standards
- Two (2) professional work experience contacts and/or reference letters
- A portfolio showcasing your previous work
Preferred Additional Skills & Certifications:
- In depth experience and knowledge of digital rendering tools such as ‘SketchUp’, ‘Photoshop’, etc.
- Knowledge of LEED® Green Buildings rating system and standards
- Knowledge of Contract Administration Documentation and/or RForm
- In good standing with related professional associations with membership dues up to date
- Valid BC Driver’s License (and if requested, a clean Drivers Abstract)
- May be required to have a criminal record check for certain projects (i.e. School Districts, High Security Buildings, Courthouses, etc.)
- Level One First Aid Certification
Please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org