KWC Architects is a medium-sized, award-winning architecture firm based in Ottawa focusing on a range of specialities including institutional, commercial, heritage, light industrial, and residential projects for both government and private sector client groups since 1975.
Intermediate / Senior Technologist in the Architecture Discipline with 7-15 years experience.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual capable of assuming increasing responsibility for both current and future projects and who is interested in growing with the firm. If you are someone that is highly organized with the skills and proven experience to manage projects effectively and with a high level of technical detailing experience, we are looking forward to meeting with you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with the client, design, and production team in the office to generate a complete set of construction drawings. In many cases, this would include ensuring designs and drawings are building code compliant, attaining the required permits for the project(s), coordinating with various consultants, and following the project(s) through to completion.
• Assist in establishing documented processes, procedures, and workflows.
• Collaborate to improve current Revit template.
• Ensure standards defined on the project BIM Execution Plan and project workflows are adhered to.
• Assist with the preparation and revisions of construction drawings using Revit and AutoCAD.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
University or College Degree in Architectural Technology.
• Must have 7-15 years of architectural technology experience.
• Demonstrated experience in multitasking, project management and leadership skills.
• Relevant experience in production documents, specifications, and contract administration.
• Experience preparing and issuing Supplemental Instructions, Proposed Changes, Change Orders and assemble close-out documentation.
• Experience in dealing with consultants and documentation coordination is essential.
• Relevant field experience with construction site reviews.
• Experience with the Ontario Building Code (Part 3 in particular) and applicable Zoning By-Laws essential.
• Capable of managing a variety of building projects through documentation and construction.
• Comfortable communicating in working groups of various sizes and able to work well with others in a highly collaborative, team environment
• Production of contract administration documents.
• Construction phase management, review of shop drawings, samples, mock-ups, and preparation of site visit reports.
• Ability to read and process shop drawings is a must.
• Ability to manage time, deadlines, deliverables, and budgets on multiple time-sensitive tasks and projects concurrently.
• Must be well organised, disciplined, reliable and professionally presentable with excellent written and verbal English skills.
• Proficiency in French is an asset.
• High Proficiency in current AutoCAD and Sketch Up or better is essential.
• High Proficiency in Revit and BIM360 is essential.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is essential.
• Proficiency in Enscape is an asset.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Project is an asset.
• Positive attitude, dedication, and a desire to make a difference is essential.
Salary, benefits, and advancement in the firm is commensurate with demonstrated experience and individual achievements.
No agencies, telephone calls or walk-ins please.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted to continue in the interview process.