The Vancouver studio is seeking a collaborative project delivery leader who will nurture, guide, and develop a culture of technical excellence in the delivery of innovative projects that demonstrate the highest standard of design.
Our studio embraces a culture that fosters creativity and ensures that our values are incorporated into every project, big or small. The ideals of beauty, simplicity, functionality, and sustainability are foundational to our work. When combined with our desire to invest in continued applied research and innovation, we create environments that make a positive contribution to society.
The Project Delivery Director is a leader in the studio, who works collaboratively with the Design Director, to provide strategic direction, expertise, and guidance in all phases and aspects of project delivery.
Our successful leader will thrive in an environment of continuous learning, research, and the testing and implementation of new ideas. The Project Delivery Director is a natural mentor who incorporates a willingness to share their skills, knowledge, and expertise and displays this in their interactions across the studio.
This role requires an enthusiastic spirit, sound communication skills, a creative and technical mindset, and meticulous attention to detail.
• Fosters a culture of technical excellence-in-delivery, that mutually reinforces the studio’s design culture
• Has deep technical knowledge and expertise in all phases of delivery with an emphasis on Risk Management, Quality Assurance, Construction Documentation, Tendering, and Construction Administration
• Is involved in Project Delivery in all phases aligning and reinforcing project management best practices
• Has expertise in various types of project delivery including P3 and Design Build
• Technical expertise in the Construction Administration phase including working with, directing, and building relationships with contractors, consultants, and sub-trades
• Ensures the implementation of Perkins and Will quality assurance and control programs and procedures
• Proactively identifies and manages project-related risk and undertakes remedial action when required
• Is responsible for directing the delivery of projects in conjunction with the Design Director to ensure a seamless workflow from concept to close-out, achieving our goal of delivering innovative projects at the highest level of sustainability and design excellence
• Ensures the delivery process maximizes the benefits of existing and upcoming technology, tools, and techniques to ensure a high level of efficiency in delivery
• Leads our studio’s internal Technical Design Committee and works with senior technical personnel and committee members to influence technical processes, arrange in-house learning opportunities, and to create an internal network of technical expertise
• Leads the investigation of innovative technologies and systems that can improve the quality, cost-effectiveness, and performance of our work, including high-performance building systems, materials, and enclosure systems that reduce environmental impact
• Monitors the progress of all projects at a high level, in conjunction with the Design Director and Operations Director; interfacing with Project Leaders and Project Managers
• Collaborates with other Perkins and Will Technical Leaders to create a unified technical delivery process
• Works in strategic partnership with the Managing Director, Operations Director, Design Director, Director of Innovation and Technology, and the Director of Sustainability
• A design-focused Registered Architect
• A visionary, strategic, driven, and proactive leader
• 15+ years’ experience (local experience is a benefit)
• Strong communication, time management, and project management skills
• Expertise in rain screen building envelope construction and seismic design (local building practices is a benefit)
• Experience leading large, complex projects
• Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneDrive), and familiarity with REVIT, Navisworks, Bluebeam, Statslog,
• Understanding of 3D Modeling (i.e. Rhino) and Computational Design processes is a benefit
Please apply to our role online at Perkins & Will Careers
At Perkins and Will, we value diversity, inclusion, and equity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution. Our diverse teams fuel innovation and creativity, which in turn support our excellence in design.
We believe that inclusion spurs creativity and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people and ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.