MMMC Inc. Architects
127 Brant Avenue
Brantford, ON, N3T 3H5
T: (519) 756 6331
Toll free: (877) 789 6662
MMMC’s practice is focused on the design of seniors’ living environments spanning the full continuum of long-term care homes specifically designed for residents living with dementia, assisted and independent living with supports, community health such as Wellness Centres, Adult Day Programs and Hospice.
Project construction budgets typically are in excess of $20M and construction duration is 24 to 30 months.
The MMMC studio is in Brantford, although presently due to COVID, all staff are working remotely from their homes. Post-COVID, this CA position will allow the applicant the flexibility of permanently working remotely from their home combined with the occasional flex-use of the Brantford Studio facilities.
Current Construction projects are located from Sarnia to Ottawa. MMMC welcomes applicants from a wide geographic area, however, proximity to Southern Ontario job sites is important, as you will be the MMMC representative on the construction site, which includes attending bi-weekly site meetings as well as conducting architectural site review.
Applications are invited for the following full-time permanent position:
Intermediate to Senior Architectural Construction Administrator
About the Role:
MMMC Contract Administrators play a key role as the primary contact with the Owner and Constructor during the construction phase; administering the construction contract and liaising with Owner, Constructor and the Consulting Team. As the successful candidate youwill:
- Issue all construction administration documents;
- Review and coordinate architectural and sub-consultant responses to requests for information,
- Review architectural submittals and coordinate sub-consultant submittal and shop drawings review
- Assemble and issue proposed change / supplemental instruction documents from the consulting team,
- Review and comment on claims / pricing and issue change orders,
- Review monthly progress draws and issue certificates for payment.
- Attending bi-weekly site meetings, conducting architectural site review and issuing site review reports.
- Review Contract Documents for consistency and completeness, prior to project going out to bid.
- Administer the construction contract
- Provide timely consultations solving problems with contractor and consulting team as they arise.
- Respond to requests for information, change orders, monthly progress payment certificates, and process contract close-outs.
- Review workmanship on site for conformance with contract documents and Codes.
- Proactively achieve design intent through look-ahead meetings for critical subtrades and repetitive activities, prior to ordering of materials.
- Provide constructive feedback to design team with an objective of continuous improvement.
- Mentor and develop junior team members.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction contract administration.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in either Architecture, Engineering, Project /Construction Management, Facility Management, Architectural Technology, Building Sciences or another related discipline.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with a high degree of professionalism.
- Effective & efficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Natural attention to detail, but able to quickly discern the important issues.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly prioritize action items.
- Comfortable delegating tasks when confronted with competing deadlines.
- Strong multi-task and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to readily adapt to different working environments.
- Experience with both general contractors (CCDC2) and construction management (CCDC5B) contracts. Design Build experiences is an asset.
- Ethical and honest values.
- Conversant with BIM, experience with ArchiCAD or Revit is an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates with long-term care or healthcare experience.
- Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
- Benefit Plan
- If asked to drive for the office (i.e. site meetings) the current mileage rate is $.50/km
Please forward your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MMMC thanks all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.