Description of the firm:
Founded in 1990, ERA Architects specializes in architecture, heritage conservation, landscape and heritage planning as they connect to historical places, and provides full professional services to both public and private sector clients. Our core interest is in relating heritage issues to wider considerations of urban design, landscape and city building, and to broader cultural and community values. ERA works collaboratively with other firms to engage in conservation and improving the built environment.
Description of the position:
ERA is seeking an Intermediate Architect with heritage expertise for a large-scale rehabilitation project. The position will be located in Montreal. The position will involve working in a collaborative team environment, working on all project phases including research, analysis, site investigations, report writing, production of construction documents (drawings and specifications), consultant coordination, attendance at meetings, problem solving, site review and contract administration.
Expertise and experience sought:
· Graduate of a master’s program in Architecture;
· An intern architect or licensed architect;
· Have acquired approximately five years of on the job experience in an architectural environment;
· Have a strong interest and experience in heritage conservation (in academic and/or professional settings);
· Have a good familiarity with architectural standards and building practices;
· Have strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French (both spoken and written);
· Be proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office;
· A post-graduate or other conservation-type degree or training will be considered an asset, as will membership of CAHP (Canadian Association of Heritage Professionals).
· Competitive salary according to level of experience;
· 37.5-hour work week;
· Generous Health and Dental Benefit Plan;
· RRSP matching plan;
· Tuition Reimbursement plan.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com and indicate in the subject line: Application for Intermediate Architect – Montreal.
ERA does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry. ERA is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace where all employees and partners feel valued, respected and supported. ERA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agency referrals will be considered.