We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate Architect with institutional experience to join our Toronto-based, award-winning architecture studio. We’re on the lookout for a design-oriented, intermediate architect well-versed in delivering projects from start to finish.
Specializing in public facility design, Gow Hastings offers fully integrated, multidisciplinary consulting services in architecture, interior design, and graphic design. We are recognized in particular for design excellence in higher education, and known for our distinct work in the field of food and culinary arts studies. We have several exciting projects currently in development for the City of Toronto Nathan Phillips Square, Holland Bloorview Research Institute, Université de l'Ontario français, Wilfred Laurier University, Ryerson University and the University of Toronto.
Visit us at www.gowhastings.com and on social media (Instagram, Twitter) @gowhastings to learn more.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate! Salary and benefits are competitive, and commensurate with ability and experience. The position is remote temporarily with a team of fun, friendly people.
When we return to the office, you can look forward to an open work culture of summer hours; beer Fridays; curling bonspiels and lots of birthday cakes. However, we think the best draw is the amazing view of the city from our perch near Casa Loma!
Minimum Qualifications include:
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Architecture
• 5 years minimum post-graduate experience (in Education Design or Institutional work)
• OAA licence and LEED AP an asset
• Demonstrated experience in designing and detailing through all project phases, coordinating with project team, and interfacing with clients and consultants
• Highly developed project management skills
• Strong proficiency in Revit and BIM software
• In depth knowledge of Ontario Building Code
• Flexibility and aptitude to handle multiple deadlines in a high energy work environment
• Creative and collaborative, with enthusiasm, commitment and ability to deliver a high level of design
• Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
• Friendly and personable
Please submit your PDF (or online portfolio) applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.