mcCallumSather’s purpose is clear – the design of a more resilient world through the advancement of sustainable design intelligence.
We are looking for a Heritage Professional who shares our passion for sustainability, and equally excited about the chance to be apart of this nationally recognized award-winning heritage and conservation team. Located in Hamilton, Buffalo and Kincardine, each location offers a unique and rich built heritage, prime for retrofits, redevelopment and adaptive re-use. Our clients enjoy working with us because we are passionate about the process of heritage design, including the chance to hero the stories of these beautiful buildings and to do so in a sustainable way. It doesn’t hurt that we like to have fun in the process! Our staff enjoy working with this energetic and creative team, in a firm where you have the chance to forge your own career path and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged.
We are looking for an intern architect, architect or heritage professional with their CAHP Designation, experienced in the conservation of historic buildings and sites. Focused on team work, our ideal candidate will be hands on in the development of a full range of heritage focused deliverables including work on site, writing reports and in delivering presentations.
- REVIT experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite – Indesign, photoshop, illustrator a bonus
- CAHP member preferred (Intern or full professional)
- 4 years minimum of relevant experience in an architecture or related conservation firm
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability working with teams
- Familiarity with heritage buildings, and knowledge of conservation best practices
- Lead and/or assist team members in design, contract documents and contract administration roles
- managing a conservation project
- Technical drawing and detailing for contract document production
- Coordination of sub consultants
- Coordination and assembly of reports (Heritage Impact Assessments, Conservation Plans, Urban Design Briefs)
- Deliver presentations at Public Committees (Public Speaking and visual presentation)
- Field Review and Project Management skills
Please send your resume, covering letter and portfolio including salary expectations to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.