Moriyama & Teshima Architects (MTA) is a team of architects, planners and designers collaborating with clients to build inspiring and enduring spaces that transform communities and reinforce civic identity. The office offers services in architecture, master planning and urban design, interior design and program development. MTA's extensive portfolio of Canadian and international projects covers museums and art galleries, university buildings, schools, corporate and government headquarters, recreational facilities, libraries, restoration and renovation projects, and urban/campus planning. With a long-standing core of design traditions that continue to define the practice, our studio is made up of individuals who reflect the cultural diversity that defines our global present: a combination of industry leaders and young designers working together to design and deliver exceptional projects.
Our headquarters are in Toronto, with a second office in Ottawa.
While our work is primarily focused in Canada, we also complete significant projects internationally, particularly in the Middle East.
As a member of the senior management team, the Director of Marketing is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic marketing plan for MTA. The Director of Marketing will conduct weekly Go/No Go meetings where business pursuits are presented to senior management and will lead in the development of all proposals selected for pursuit. In addition, the role will provide leadership and support in the development and execution of marketing and brand development initiatives including awards pursuits, media opportunities, and the expansion of MTA’s social media profile. The Director of Marketing will also lead and mentor marketing team members.
- Develops and executes annual Marketing Strategy to advance MTA’s position within the marketplace.
- Develops and executes strategic approach with Partners for acquiring new projects and clientele.
- Leads and manages regular ‘Go/No Go’ and ‘Pipeline’ meetings with the senior management team to determine consensus on which projects to pursue and to facilitate a coordinated Business Development strategy.
- Defines strategic approach for enhancing MTA’s brand and increasing the brand presence through award submission, media coverage, public relations, and the use of social media platforms.
- Develops and executes an effective ‘Go/No Go’ process for pursuing business.
- Assesses impact of current/future pursuit activities to identify the best use of internal resources.
- Defines and integrates creative and innovative strategies, on a pursuit by pursuit basis, during the pre-RFQ/RFP to interview phases, to maximize MTA’s competitiveness throughout the entire ‘pursuit continuum’.
- Manages, and executes all proposal activities for all non-PPP/Government Procurement sectors, including RFP review and synthesis, consultant coordination, strategic content development, and proposal production and delivery.
- Monitors opportunities within the PPP/Government Procurement sector and liaises with potential partners to ensure effective ‘Go/No Go’ decisions and resource deployment. Contributes to PPP/Government Procurement pursuits on a project-specific basis as agreed to with partnering companies.
- Assists, where required, with internal Special Projects and ad hoc proposal activities.
- Oversees and ensures up-to-date maintenance of all marketing/proposal database information including: project and staff images; CVs; project sheets; template text responses, and other related data.
- Oversees and updates the maintenance of Business Development tools such as: Leads Tracker, Client Contacts, Consultant Contacts, Proposal Outcomes, etc.
- Oversees the updating and maintenance of the MTA’s Website.
- Oversees and manages internal and external Corporate Communications as required by Partners and Principals.
- Defines and manages Marketing Budget.
- Manages, develops, and mentors Marketing Team.
- Architecture knowledge/education (B.Arch/M.Arch.) with proven training/education in Business or Marketing Communications (or related degree).
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in proposal development.
- Proven leadership ability to manage a team of 2-6 people.
- Proven ability to create effective Marketing Plans/Strategies that align and support business plans.
- Excellent oral/written communications skills, with particular experience and comfort in writing proposal text.
- Ability to multi-task under high-pressure situations; to prioritize the strategic deployment of resources; and to manage multiple proposal processes as needed, meeting all deadlines.
- Superior project management knowledge and experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing abilities.
- Strong graphic design skills, with advanced experience utilizing Adobe Creative Suite.
- Self-motivation with a high level of initiative, innovation, and flexibility.