Designing the Story of Your Space
Narratif is a boutique architectural design brand that focuses exclusively on custom residential design. We help our clients translate their dreams and aspirations into homes that inspire them to live their best lives.
Every building holds a narrative, the story of the house and those who live in it. Finding that story and bringing it to life lies at the heart of our work.
We are looking for an ambitious and detail-oriented Creative Business Manager to join our dynamic and growing team of professionals designing transformative space. We are looking for someone who has a passion and interest in both design and leadership. This role will play a pivotal function within the practice by overseeing all aspects of operations in terms of projects and people. This role will enable the Founder to focus on business development and architecture. We are looking for someone who is warm, easy to connect with and with strong people leadership and project leadership experience. This person will also be team oriented and growth mindset - egos need not apply. The successful candidate will help personify our brand and be committed to delivering unparalleled client experiences. They will operate with the highest standards, have a sense of humour and being able to maintain a calm and unflappable manner even under stress and be open to exploring and participating in appropriate holistic practices in the workplace. They will also have the ability to work from home as necessary. Finally, they will be impeccably organized and efficient with the ability to work on multiple active projects at the same time and are confident working independently.
Who You Are
• A strong project management background with a good head for numbers with at least 3 years experience in a comparable role
• A natural organizer and time manager who thrives on keeping things on track and on budget
• A strong people leader who can help the team understand the vision and recognize their role in execution
• Detail oriented with an eye for precision
• Excellent visual presentation skills
• Flexibility to jump in as an extra resource on project deadline (e.g. presentation materials, collecting samples, etc) or on photo shoots
• Proficient in the use of Workflowmax or similar project management software suitable for small architectural biz
• Knowledge of Squarespace, Tailwind and Acuity are an advantage
• Understand how to integrate/synchronise various platforms through Zapier
• Proficient on the Mac platform with Strong knowledge of Excel or Numbers, and Pages
• Clear and confident written and verbal communication skills in English
• Understanding of basic bookkeeping via Freshbooks, or QBO
• Understanding of social media platforms and integration
• Understanding of sales funnels specifically for online education modules
• Have a valid drivers license and your own vehicle
What You Will Be Doing
• Project Management/Financial:
• Assisting with selection of appropriate project management software for small architectural business (Researching innovative products for office productivity)
• Allocating staff hourly breakdowns to quoted projects, and mapping those hours in a gantt chart in order to determine workload commitments and client deliverability dates.
• Monitoring hours spent vs hours allocated for all projects and presenting project profitability in clear, visual manner to Principal
• Create a system where staff understand their hourly allocation and productivity
• Weekly team meeting to review deliverables and staff workloads
• Preparing client invoices for review
• Creating systems and workflows that are automated and synched together
• Create cashflow forecast for the year
• Create trackable income targets for the year
• Raising the bar for customer experience, efficiency, profitability
• Client on-boarding:
• Setting up new client files across all platforms
• Setting up new client welcome package and schedule expectations to share with client
• Managing all aspects of communications, social media strategy and execution
• Overseeing the design and delivery of all promotional and marketing materials
• Managing the sales funnel for future online courses and marketing
• Event planning for regular weekend workshops and seminars/webinars
• Managing all aspects of administrative support for the Principal, including email, mileage tracking
• Managing all aspects of administration such as filing, drawing folder management, general office admin and ordering supplies
• Acting as the staff admin/liaison with offsite bookkeeper
• Supporting all necessary Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable needs such as uploading AP invoices to Dropbox and Receiptbank and following up with outstanding invoices
• Health and Wellness:
• Managing staff and client personal safety protocols and office sanitization equipment
• Managing wholistic office health e.g. morning meditation, diffusers, greenery
• Eloquently composes and delivers clear, concise, and crisp messages to a variety of audiences
• Is naturally curious and thinks imaginatively and unconventionally to innovate or to develop alternative approaches to a particular task or problem betterment
• Operates with a continual interest in what’s going on around them and demonstrates a willingness and openness to pitch in and help where and when needed, even if it means adjusting their own priorities.
• Holds themselves to the highest levels of integrity, honesty and transparency at all times
• Without being prompted, understands what is needed to deliver excellence in a dynamic environment and moves toward that goal with deliberate and concise actions.
• Builds a solid foundation of common understanding and deep rapport with clients to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience
• Ability to orchestrate the group toward a common goal while managing time, budget and resources
• Ability to translate the strategic vision into action through people and practices
Narratif believes that everyone should experience the joy of coming home each day to a beautiful home. We create spaces that are a shelter for body and soul, a congruent place for sanctity and vitality, providing refuge, grounding, healing and re-energization for each member of the family. You will help translate this vision into a reality for our clients.
Narratif is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage application for all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the human rights code throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us of your accommodation needs and we will ensure they are respected throughout the process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Join us and share our commitment to turning dreams into reality.
Please submit a resume tailored to this job advertisement, describing what your past job position and duties to email@example.com. Please include reference to the specific position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We're looking forward to hearing from you.