Company Operating Name: Sun Country Contracting
Business Address: 210 Summer Street, Belle River, ON N0R 1A0
Terms of Employment: 44 hours per week, full time, permanent
Language of work: English
Wage: Salary per year: C$65,000 - Travel expenses paid by the Employer.
Medical and Dental Benefits: available after 3 months probationary period
Location of work: Belle River, ON and Calgary, AB
Architectural technologists are professionals who specialize in planning and designing of modular structures/ Their job description entails collecting information on the design requirements for a building project by interacting with clients to identify specifications and budgets. They provide clients with recommendations on suitable architectural design considering factors such as building site, cost, and trend. Architectural technologists produce building plans/designs using CAD tools and manual technical drawing instruments.
- Create architectural design for the steel frame volumetric modular buildings which meet the desired requirement and expectation of clients by designing according to budget and preference.
- Produce technical design, construction drawings and documentation
- Design and develop details for modular construction
- Create building information models with LOD 300 and higher
- present building designs to clients or management for approval. As part of their duties, architectural designers specify the cost estimates, materials, duration, and other relevant information required for the actualization of a building project.
- interact with other building designers and professionals to exchange ideas on techniques/style for structural plans.
- Coordination and analysis of BIM models
- prepare and present job proposals to clients, emphasizing their ability to deliver architectural designs that meet set requirements.
- ensure company policies and standards are maintained when providing services to clients.
- reworking and modifying designs as may be requested by clients or management.
- ensure proper documentation and record of all vital information related to a structural design.
- keep in touch with clients during construction to tackle and resolve problems that may arise due to design/planning.
- Conduct research as well as attend conferences/workshops to improve on existing knowledge, and staying up-to-date with architectural trends.
- produce reports and periodic updates to management on work activities; also ensure timely completion and delivery of architectural designs.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Architectural Technologist Job
- Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, certificate or greater in Green Architecture. An in-depth knowledge of REVIT 3D modeling software is essential. Licensure is not required although career advancement to the architect position mandates licensure.
- Creative Design Skills: Architectural technologists are proficient in producing feasible aesthetic building designs
- Communication Skills: Architectural technologists are able to interact with clients to convince them or highlight the details of an architectural design
- Mathematical Skills: As one of their key qualities, architectural technologists are expert number crunchers and can make calculations to layout precise measurements for an architectural structure with the ability to liaise with engineering groups.
- Technical skills: Experience in steel frame volumetric modular construction, solid understanding of the structural principles, knowledge of National Building Code and National Energy Code, ability to work with architectural and structural drawings, working with building information models, knowledge of LEED system and sustainable architectural practices.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 – 2 years working in the modular buildings industry. Knowledge of high to mid – rise modular systems. Knowledge and experience with working in a collaborative BIM environment. Experience in managing teams within a BIM environment.
- Computer Skills: Advanced Revit with ass. add-ons, 3ds max, Corona renderer, Rhino, Lumion, Adobe Photoshop
- Willing to travel regularly.