AECOM's Architectural Design Practice Buildings + Places is seeking an Architect to be based in Winnipeg, MB.
This individual will be responsible for architectural design on multiple projects and collaborating with architectural groups in other AECOM offices. We are searching for someone who is creative and enjoys working within a strong multi-disciplinary team.
Responsibilities include client communication, coordination of architectural and engineering staff, schematic and conceptual design, design development, drawing review and contract administration. Candidates also require business development skills, including meeting with prospective clients, proposal preparation and preparing competitive fee estimates.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Perform as Architect.
• Provide support to the Architectural Manager on all phases of building design projects as required.
• Prepare creative, functional, and innovative designs for clients.
• Preparation of detailed architectural designs.
• Preparation of specifications.
• Mentor within a team environment.
• Meet with clients to discuss potential new work and/or review project requirements.
• Participate in a design team to produce fully coordinated architectural working drawings and project specifications.
• Collaborate with management on preparation of project proposals and feasibility studies.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
• Prepare design and contract documents, document checking, conduct construction reviews and contract administration throughout the duration of a project.
• Communicate with construction teams to provide information and solve problems.
Minimum Requirements :
To be considered for this position, candidates must have at least:
• A University degree in architecture or related field.
• Must have, or be eligible to hold, Architectural license within the province of Manitoba.
• Four (4) years of experience in the architectural design of commercial, recreational, institutional projects.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Experience on a variety of building types, especially commercial, recreational, institutional (Health-care, Justice, Laboratories), industrial projects an asset.
• Solid understanding of the National Building Code of Canada, the National Energy Code for Buildings, including Manitoba requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of building systems and construction detailing.
• Demonstrated strong creativity in design.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
• Exceptional technical knowledge of building construction and Building Codes.
• Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup, and other artistic tools necessary to convey creative ideas.
• LEED certification and project experience.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously within in a dynamic team environment.
• Ability to co-ordinate with a multi-disciplinary in-house consultant team.
• High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
The company is unable to cover relocation costs for this position
Sponsorship is not available for this position
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
• Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
• Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
• Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
• VIQTORY 2021 Military Friendly® Employer
• Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2021
About Buildings + Places Canada
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
AECOM Buildings + Places Canada (B+P Canada) is a vibrant and growing fully integrated team spanning architecture, all the building’s engineering disciplines, landscape architecture, urban planning, urban design, economics and asset management for design and infrastructure projects. Project assignments may include, although not limited to: Transit and Municipal, Commercial, and Institutional projects, Justice, Education and Government.