LEADERSHIP FOR ARCHITECTS | HALIFAX | SEPTEMBER 18-19, 2020
Halifax 2020 Session - September 18 to 19
Friday 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
RAIC’s Leadership for Architects
The RAIC recognizes the importance of leadership in the architecture profession. Whether you are a firm owner, team lead, project architect, or sole practitioner, leadership is integral to the success of your projects, people, and business.
Canadian architects and stories will serve as the backdrop to RAIC’s bespoke leadership training program. The highly-interactive course explores what it means to be a leader in the Canadian architecture profession. Participants will learn leadership concepts that are relevant to their work as an architect or in an allied discipline.
Participants will benefit from an increased understanding of their leadership style and values and how to improve the impact of their leadership. Approaches to leadership skills, including communication, mentorship, giving feedback, conflict management, and relationship-building, will be presented. The role of leadership in promoting team cohesion, collaboration, and creativity will be covered, along with leadership skills for difficult situations. Activities and presentations are designed to encourage participants’ application of learning.
Why Leadership for Architects?
• Explore what leadership means to the Canadian architecture profession.
• Develop a deeper understanding of your leadership style, values, and impact.
• Learn concepts you can apply in leading projects, people, and businesses.
• Improve how you communicate with colleagues and project teams.
• Increase the profile and voice of the architect in the design and construction teams.
Following the Leadership for Architects course, participants will be able to:
- Describe what leadership means in the context of the architecture profession;
- Develop a stronger understanding of their own leadership strengths and opportunities to improve;
- Apply leadership concepts and frameworks to improve how they lead at the team and practice levels;
- Understand the leaders’ role in the motivation and learning of team members;
- Analyze situations to understand what leadership is required to meet objectives;
- Understand the opportunity for inclusive leadership skills to improve creative teams and businesses;
- Consider the impact of leadership styles and decisions on practice culture and performance;
- Improve their communication skills to assert the importance of the architect’s role in project teams.
Russell Pollard, MBA Principal, Framework Leadership
Russell specializes in leadership and talent development. He has worked with architecture practices in Canada and the United Kingdom to improve their approaches to people, culture, and brand. He has spoken at several architecture industry conferences on these topics. Russell serves on the board of the Society of Marketing Professional Services, Ontario as President-elect.
Russell has a Bachelor's in Interdisciplinary Leadership, Master of Business Administration and is pursuing a Certificate in Leadership and Inclusion.
RAIC Members: Early Bird Special - register by August 28: $750; After August 28: $850
Non-members (register any time): $950
All fees exclusive of GST/HST
Location: To be determined
Meals: A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided on Saturday. Coffee and tea will be served at morning and afternoon breaks.
Please identify special dietary accommodations at the time of registration or contact Camille Rivard at email@example.com.
Continuing education learning hours: 11
Registration Deadline: September 11, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. ET.
*Purchase of webinars and events are non-transferable.
|Event Fee||$ 950.00 + $ 47.50 Sales Tax|
|RAIC Member price||$ 850.00 + $ 42.50 Sales Tax|