Project Management for Architects - Halifax
Thursday, February 21: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Friday, February 22: 8:45 AM to 5:00 PM; Workshop: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday, February 23: 8:45 AM to 5:00 PM
Thursday, March 7: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Friday, March 8: 8:45 AM to 5:00 PM; Workshop: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday, March 9: 8:45 AM to 5:00 PM
RAIC offering “Project Management for Architects” courses for those interested in the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification
In 2019, the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada will offer project management courses for architects and interns in Toronto, Halifax, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montréal and Victoria. These courses will provide both project management knowledge in the context of architectural practice as well as prepare participants for the Project Management Institute’s PMP® certification exam. The courses will include:
- Project management tools and templates for architectural practice;
- 35 hours of instruction plus a 6-hour practical workshop in which participants will learn to use the tools and templates;
- a premium PMP® certification exam preparation kit including textbook, study aids, online resources, and an online test question bank.
The RAIC’s Project Management for Architects course will:
- provide architectural interns, emerging practitioner, and emerging proprietors with a solid grounding in contemporary project management practices, tools and techniques, and
- prepare participants to write the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam.
At the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Develop a project plan for a design project including work plan, schedule, bottom-up and top-down fee calculations, and a risk management plan;
- Develop a stakeholder management plan for a design project;
- Relate architectural practice to the ten knowledge areas of contemporary project management body of knowledge, as described in PMI’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide);
- With additional study, write the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam.
RAIC Members: Early Bird Special - register by January 30: $1,450; After January 30: $1,600
Non-members (register any time): $1,750
All fees exclusive of GST/HST
Location: Cambridge Suites Halifax, 1583 Brunswick Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 3P5
Meals: Please note that dinner won’t be provided on Thursday, November 29. Coffee, tea and decaffeinated coffee only. Lunches will be provided on Friday and Saturday, with a dinner served on Friday evening.
Coffee and tea will be served upon arrival and at morning and afternoon breaks.
Please identify special dietary accommodations at the time of registration.
- Convenient scheduling:
- The 41-hour course is offered over two weekends.
- Classes start on Thursday evening at 6 PM and end on Saturday afternoon at 5 PM.
- 35 hours of instruction.
- 6 hours of workshop.
- Instruction and practice in the use of project management tools and templates for architectural practice.
- Velociteach’s ProQuip Premium PMP® Certification Exam study kit, including:
- The PMP® Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try textbook
- Flashcard App
- Conversations on the PMP® exam
- Quick Reference Cards
- Testing App
- Pass the Exam: 35 hours of online modules with over 500 practice questions
- Online testing simulator
- Online Process Explorer
- Formula Sheets
- Instructor experienced in architectural practice, project management, and education program development and delivery.
- 41 hours of structured continuing education with completion certificate;
- Integrating architectural practice with contemporary project management practice;
- Develop competency in providing project management services separate from or in addition to architectural design services; and
- Architects teaching architects.
Classes are limited to 25 participants. Each 41-hour course takes place over 2 weekends.
This course is offered in English.
B.Arch., MDE, OAA, MRAIC, PMP
Director, Practice Support/Director, Syllabus
Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
In addition to operating his own architectural practice for 20 years, Don Ardiel has developed and delivered project management programs, courses, and workshops for post-secondary institutions, architectural associations, and corporate clients. As the past-Director of Certification for the Project Management Institute’s South Western Ontario Chapter, Don helped hundreds of people prepare for the PMP® certification exam.
Halifax, NS B3J 3P5
|RAIC Member Fee||$ 1,600.00 + $ 240.00 Sales Tax|
|Non-member Fee||$ 1,750.00 + $ 262.50 Sales Tax|