Alberta’s new Building Envelope Course now available
The Alberta Association of Architects (AAA) is offering their new online Building Envelope Course to any professional or intern in Canada.
The 11-module course —now mandatory in Alberta —has four practical learning objectives:
- Improve the learning ability of architects to competently and effectively design appropriate building envelopes;
- Improve the ability of architects to understand their responsibilities and limitations regarding the provision of design, detailing, specification and field review services for building envelopes;
- Improve the ability of architects to utilize good building envelope practices and recognize sources for ongoing technical support;
- Understand the National Energy Code for Buildings 2011 pertinent to building envelope design.
The course is comprised of videos, downloadable documents,and quizzes presented by:
- Dr. John Straube, P. Eng., Ph.D.
- Mark Chambers, Architect, AAA
- Robert Passmore, Architect, AAA
- AAA member rate: $275 plus GST.
- Discounted member rate: $100 plus GST. (The discounted member rate is only available to those AAA members who have previously completed the in-person, classroom version of the AAA's Building Envelope Course. The discount will be applied at the time of purchase.)
- Non-member rate: $350 plus GST (non-members are required to create an account on our login page).
- An optional Building Envelope Course book containing supplemental reference material is also available to purchase for $55 plus GST.
Kathy Saunderson, Professional Development Officer
Alberta Association of Architects
780.432.0619 | email@example.com